Sunday, November 22, 2009

MiMi's Birthday

Friday night we celebrated Joni and Wes' Birthday. Their b-days are the 18th and 21st so we celebrated right in the middle. We went to Mema's house and she made dinner and then we did cake and presents. I was SO happy to be there celebrating with all the family. PaPa Harkrider has been very sick and was in the hospital all last week. It was very touch and go for a while. He was given blood transfusions and the doctor's ran a ton of tests. They finally diagnosed the problem although I can't remember the name of it. Basically his veins and arteries that surround his stomach are twisted together and the pressure of the blood flowing through them can cause them to burst. Unfortunately there is no cure. They are able to monitor is blood levels and are planning to just try and keep them up so that if and when it happens again, he will be stronger than he was the last time it happened. Very scary stuff. I have been praying hard for him and the whole family. I was just happy to see him back home, feeling a little better and able to celebrate his children's birthdays. Joni and Wes have a great brother/sister relationship and you can just feel the love when your with them. It's super sweet.