Sunday, November 22, 2009

Curious George Live

There are a few things that have been constant in our home for the past few years - Curious George and John Deere Tractors. Nolan loves them both dearly and I am sad to report that I think they will soon fade out. :( My sweet boy is growing up and moving on. He still likes them but I can tell that the original pizazz is wearing off. Nolan received a Curious George doll for Christmas when he was six months old from my great aunt and uncle. I don't remember reading George books when I was little. I mean I of course knew who he was, but he just wasn't a family favorite for the Willard girls. Nolan latched on to that monkey and so I bought him some of the old school George books when he was a baby. When he was two years old the Curious George cartoons were re-created and put on PBS. Nolan instantly loved them. We do not watch a lot of TV at our house - the boys simply do not care that much about it. (That seemed like such a good thing when Nolan was little - now two kids later...I am all about a little down time and it rarely happens!) One thing that both boys will watch though is George; I don't know what it is about that monkey. They will watch a whole episode - amazing because there is nothing else that they will sit and watch for 30 minutes. He is the sweetest little monkey and he is such a part of our lives now. Hudson is following in Nolan's footsteps and loves him too. We read George books before bed a lot too. When we found out that Curious George Live was coming to Nokia; it was the "must see" show of the fall. :) I looked up tickets for the presale and I couldn't believe how expensive it was. I had planned to buy tickets for the whole family but Scott put his foot down and said that we were not buying Hudson an $80 ticket. The next day we went to the baseball game with both boys and that sealed the deal. Hud didn't even make it through the first 10 minutes of the game without throwing a fit. We knew he would make the whole experience really hard and he would lose interest way before the show was over. We opted to leave him with Christi and Ryleigh. Ryleigh had been wanting to watch him but we just never seem to really have a need for a daytime sitter. This worked out perfectly because Hudson had more fun at their house then he would have had at the show. Plus, we had a little one on one time with Nolan which rarely happens. The show was great and Nolan loved it. It was nice to have such a well behaved big boy. He wanted to take his George with us to the show. I asked him why and he said Little George wanted to see his daddy. Ha ha! He seems so big and then whips out something like that and it makes me remember that he's only 5 years old.

This first picture is of Nolan at 2 years old. He was potty training and so we put a pair of underwear on George too so that they could both practice wearing them and going potty on the "big boy" potty. Look at that sweet little boy...

These are all pictures from the show...