Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween Night Parties

After trick or treating the boys went over to MiMi and PaPa's house to spend the night. There was big debt in our house about this. I love Halloween for the kids but I don't really care about dressing up. I'm not creative nor do I want to be a "sexy" anything so that kinda leaves me stumped every year. I just hate to spend the money on something I will wear once. I like to go to the parties I just don't care about dressing up. I really like the fact that we have always done Halloween family style - a night for the kids. If there are Halloween parties they are usually on the weekend prior so it doesn't take away from that night with family. This year since it actually fell on Saturday night we were faced with figuring out what to do. I really just wanted to stay home with the boys. I don't like the idea of shipping them off on a holiday. Scott on the other hand was all for the parties. It was an argument that I lost. I even told him to just go without me and I would stay home with the boys but he didn't want to go alone and talked me into it. We had a great time (I knew we would) but I still felt a little guilty when the boys left with Scott's parents. They didn't mind at all and the kids were excited to go but it was just the principle of it. It was good to hang out with everyone over and Mindy & Miguel's and Nick & Britney's. Everyone's costumes we super funny. Scott went as Obama and I went as a witch. Scott and I both like Obama and I think that he has radical changes for our country but they aren't bad - people are afraid of change and believe a lot of junk that isn't true. People will gripe about anyone in office and I personally am just not one of those. I FULLY backed Bush and now I FULLY back Obama. If you are one of those people who have other opinions I respect them but I would like respect for mine too. I do however love the picture below of him shaking hands with the devil - ha ha! Anyway back to the fun non-political night. Becca and Rachel dressed up as Cheech and Chong, it was hilarious because everyone kept asking Rachel if she was Mario and she was so mad. Mindy and Miguel had an ice shot block which was really fun. Nick and Brit had yummy munchies and we hung out in their awesome backyard. We ran between both houses so that we could spend an hour or so at each party. I love both of their houses - super cute! They both happen to have older houses in Fort Worth that were built in the early 60's. They have so many unique characteristics. It makes me wish we had an older house - they have so much personality. But the thought of remodeling one is a pretty big task! Not sure that I would ever be up for the challenge but they sure are cool to admire. On the way home from the second party I was pooped. It had been a VERY busy weekend but so worth it.