I think that yesterday's event will go down as one of the most shocking boy mom moments ever. Nolan and Scott came up with this great idea to collect all of the matchbox cars from every nook and cranny in our house. They dug them out of the closet toy tubs, toy boxes, drawers and even out of the toy bucket in the backyard. Nolan was tasked with hunting for the cars in the backyard and found a little buddy in the toy tub - A LIZARD. Something weird came over me and I actually picked up the little guy and held him. They usually scare me but I guess cause he was so little and really still I wasn't afraid. The boys thought this was pretty cool and Scott grabbed the camera. Hudson decided he wanted to hold the lizard. He was so excited! Look at his face in these pictures - so happy! After he held him I took him back and tried to get Nolan to hold him. I was telling him that he was really sweet and calm and that it would be fine to hold him. I then said "Look, Mommy will even kiss him." and I leaned in towards the lizard and puckered up like I was gonna kiss him. Then all of the sudden the safe, non-scary lizard jumped off my hand and onto MY FACE. I was still puckered when the little bastard jumped onto my lips. I froze for half second and then I freaked out! The boys laughed so hard and Scott just died. Scott actually caught this half a second on film. He was going to take a picture of me pretending to kiss it when it happened. Disgusting!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Leaping Lizards
I think that yesterday's event will go down as one of the most shocking boy mom moments ever. Nolan and Scott came up with this great idea to collect all of the matchbox cars from every nook and cranny in our house. They dug them out of the closet toy tubs, toy boxes, drawers and even out of the toy bucket in the backyard. Nolan was tasked with hunting for the cars in the backyard and found a little buddy in the toy tub - A LIZARD. Something weird came over me and I actually picked up the little guy and held him. They usually scare me but I guess cause he was so little and really still I wasn't afraid. The boys thought this was pretty cool and Scott grabbed the camera. Hudson decided he wanted to hold the lizard. He was so excited! Look at his face in these pictures - so happy! After he held him I took him back and tried to get Nolan to hold him. I was telling him that he was really sweet and calm and that it would be fine to hold him. I then said "Look, Mommy will even kiss him." and I leaned in towards the lizard and puckered up like I was gonna kiss him. Then all of the sudden the safe, non-scary lizard jumped off my hand and onto MY FACE. I was still puckered when the little bastard jumped onto my lips. I froze for half second and then I freaked out! The boys laughed so hard and Scott just died. Scott actually caught this half a second on film. He was going to take a picture of me pretending to kiss it when it happened. Disgusting!