Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Warrior

That is how I feel today; like I'm a weekend warrior. We hit the ground running after work on Friday and didn't stop until Sunday at 7pm. Friday night Scott had a late softball game at 9. It was one of those times when I couldn't decide if it was worth all the trouble to keep the boys up that late and brave the possible bad weather. Since the boys had taken a nap we decided to give it a try. We ate dinner and then headed out to the ballpark. It was lightening all over the place but there was no rain. We got there and let the kids play on the playground. Ellen, Nicole and I just sat at the picnic table talking. At first there were other kids on the playground too but then almost all of the sudden it was just our kids playing and we decided after about the fifth big lightening bolt that it was time to take cover in the snack bar. The guys' game was put on a 15 minute delay. Luckily I had packed grapes and cherries and Capri Sun pouches so all the kids were content to sit at a table and have a late night snack. They finally called the game about 10 so we were home with kids in bed about 10:30. That is super late for the boys but they were good.
Everyone was up about 7:30 Saturday morning (so much for sleeping in) so I made blueberry pancakes and then we got dressed and went to the mall. We had stuff to return and gifts to buy. We ate lunch in the food court, rode the carousel and then went home to put Hudson down for a nap. During nap I ran to Target, wrapped gifts, cooked a fruit crisp and cookies and packed for my "girls night in" planned that night at my grandma's. When the boys woke up it was off to run a few more errands and then Scott dropped me off at Grandma's and he and the boys went out for their boys night out to McDonald's. Ha ha! I had a great time at the slumber party with all of my aunts and cousins. We just sat around and gossiped, played cards and painted toes. We ended the night with watching Dirty Dancing and finally falling asleep about 4am!
Sunday morning we were back up and at em by 8am. Four hours of sleep - sick. I can't hang like that anymore. We had three events on Sunday that all started at 2. Scott picked me up and we went to Lowes to get paint samples for our bathroom (which should be painted this week!) and to look at lawnmowers (fun fun). Home for Hud's nap, lunch and then packed the boys for their swim party over at Grayson's. Scott took the boys to celebrate G's heart day and I went to Lauren's baby shower and Justin's wedding reception. The baby shower was fun, lots of women, lots of pregnant friends, lots of sweat....the air conditioner went out at the clubhouse where they were hosting the shower! Yikes! Everyone was pretty hot, especially the hot "mamma to be" Lauren. Poor thing it sucks to be 8 months prego especially in 100 degree weather! She has a ton of cute gifts and I can't wait to meet her sweet baby boy next month! Then I was off to pick up Becca and Mom for the wedding reception. It was at my cousin Kathy's house (mom of the groom)out in Aledo. She has a beautiful home and the party was really nice. Justin and Erica are super cute and just a perfect match. They just moved down to Galveston for grad school and it it's so sweet to see them start their lives together. I'm a sucker for stuff like that. I LOVE new beginnings; whether it be a baby or a marriage - I just love all the the hope and possibilities for the future. It's my favorite part of the shower is to think ahead and imagine where the couple will be in ten years. Love it.
It was a good weekend. I got home and fed, bathed and snuggled with my own "hope and possibilities" before tucking them into bed. My whole sweet family was asleep before dark!