Thursday, June 11, 2009
Hudson's First Haircut
Well we made it two years before we cut those sweet little curls. We took Hudson to Cool Cuts on Sunday to get his first haircut. Personally I HATE Cool Cuts. The ladies don't really cut hair very well, it's expensive and the little train table is a super dirty germ pit. But since there is nothing else in the area that has little cars to sit in while getting a haircut I decided to take him there. I know my baby and I knew it wasn't going to be an easy task to get him in a chair and to sit still for a cut! I thought that the children's movie and the car would distract him from the task at hand - I was wrong! It was worse than I expected. He made it a grand total of 30 seconds in the car before he realized what was going on and he wanted nothing to do with it. He first started to whimper, then cry, then scream at the top of his lungs. He screamed for 10 minutes straight while she cut his hair. It was really just a trim because his hair is still really thin and baby fine. I was worried that when it was cut that it might not curl back up - wrong! It is still curly and so cute. (he is going to hate it when he gets bigger but I love it right now!) She tried to distract him with a sucker which he gladly took and continued to scream and let drool just run out of his mouth which was mixed with the sucker juice to make a nasty sticky mess. Towards the end of the haircut started to gag and almost threw up due to all the screaming. Hud is famous for throwing up when he cries - luckily she was finished. As soon as he was out of the little car and playing at the train table he was fine. Such a two year old! :)




