Sunday, June 28, 2009
Quality Time
We have had a million things going on each weekend for weeks. This weekend could have easily been the same but instead I just stayed home. We will have a bunch of stuff over the next few weeks and in fact we will not have a "free" day for future weekends until August. I think that is just crazy. I decided to just stay home with the boys for Saturday night and all day today and it was so nice. Scott took Nolan to rent a movie at Blockbuster (something that we never do and he always wants to do. Nolan picked out a Scooby Doo movie and made some banana chocolate chip cookie bars. It was a really nice night! Today I made a big breakfast for the boys and we packed up and went to the Randol Mill play pool. Nolan helped me pack lunch -we made chicken salad for sandwiches, goldfish, raisins and lots of water! The boys loved it out there. Nolan is really getting to be a good swimmer. Yesterday was his first day back in the pool this summer and he was a little unsure of swimming. They really do remember from the previous summer because he was all over the place and swimming under water today. Hudson also had a great time because he was able to stand up and run and play in the water since it was so shallow. Yesterday he did not want to be held in the water the whole time in deep water so it was not a good time! We stayed about three hours and then came house for a good long nap. I marinated steaks, made a fresh cucumber salad and roasted corn for dinner. It was so yummy! We played in the water hose and had a great evening!! I love my boys and I try to soak up every second I can get with them. Glad we got to have a nice weekend together!











