Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thing 1 and Thing 2

We have nicknamed Nolan and Hudson "Thing 1" and "Thing 2". Scott called Nolan that one night a few months ago and it stuck. They are very much like the things in that they make big messes in our house everyday, thing 2 totally copies everything thing 1does, and they do exactly the opposite of what we ask! Ha ha! When we decided to throw the boys a double b-day party it was the perfect theme for them! We read Dr. Seuss books almost everynight for bedtime so it was the one thing that I knew they would both love. Attached below are some pictures of all the decorations that i had to hunt down from Ebay since no one makes the party stuff for Cat in the Hat anymore. I was only able to find the tablecloths and had to just find other things here and there to piece it together. I just found a good color image of the things and printed it on a color print and tape it to tooth picks for the cupcake toppers. I thought they turned out great! I made the cupcakes myself - which was a little out of control - I am SO not a baker! Nolan picked out lemon, orange, strawberry and vanilla. I added food coloring to the different batters so they would have cool colors and made cream cheese frosting. It was fun to do but a big task on Friday night! :) Since we had the party at the park we did hot dogs, chips and strawberries for lunch. Scott grilled the hot dogs at home which made it nice at the party not to be cooking at the park. I found cute wooden train whistles online and ordered them for party favors for all of the kids. The boys loved the party and it was a lot of fun pulling it together!