Friday, May 15, 2009
Hudson's Surgery
Hudson's surgery went great! He was in and out in about 20 minutes and sailed through with no complications. Praise God! The dr confirmed that he did indeed have infected ear drums AGAIN and that his adenoids were swollen and "icky"; so I am so glad that we did it. I am hoping that this is the magical fix we have been hoping for! Hudson freaked out when he woke up from surgery and had to have a breathing treatment because he was wheezing so much in between screams. They said that it is common for kids to go through that when waking from general anesthesia. It was kinda like a HUGE, CRAZY, HOUR LONG fit. Poor baby - you know that made the throat pain a zillion times worse. They ended up giving him a little sedative to try to help calm him down. He finally fell asleep when we got in the car a few hours later. It was so sad, but thankfully he was fine. We got home and snuggled him into the bed and he slept for about 4.5 hours and woke up hungry and ready for a big drink! The afternoon was a little rough as he would be okay for a little while and then want only to snuggle on me or be on my hip. Not Daddy's, Not Nana's, Not MiMi's or anyone else who stopped by - but I have to admit I kinda liked it. Ryleigh made him a sweet "get well soon" card. He pretty much milked it all afternoon. :) He went down about 7:30 for the night and slept all night - only crying out once. I went in gave him some more pain meds and he was out for the rest of the night. Today he has been much better, not 100% but doing great! Below are a few pictures from yesterday morning while we were waiting before they called us back.
