All of the grandmothers joined me for the special day! Scott had to work which was really weird because that is the first thing he has ever had to miss. He started as a permanent employee with TXU last week. (thank goodness - no longer a contract employee!) He simply could not take off his second week of work! :) He left Nolan a really sweet note that I read to him before school. Scott also told Nolan that we would go to a special celebratory dinner that night. Nolan picked Salut - a little Italian restaurant that is really close to us. Funny back story about this place... Nolan has been asking to go eat there since around Thanksgiving. I have no idea why, I guess because it has a weird name or something. Anyways I told him that I thought it was a fancy place to go eat for dinner and that maybe sometime when there was a special event we could go. Well he has brought it up multiple times and always refers to it as "that fancy dinner place". MiMi gave him a little monkey watch at Christmas that had a glass face on it and so she was telling him that it was "really nice" and that he was going to have to be careful with it - he quickly responded that maybe he could wear it when we finally get to it at Salut. I really did not think that this place was any big deal - I was expecting something like Mac's just kinda dressy casual (if that makes sense). Tuesday evening Nolan wanted to get dressed back up in his graduation outfit including the tie! He then asked me if I was going to get dressed up?!? So I changed into black pants and heels and we planned to meet Daddy there after work. We were going to take Hud too but Nana offered to keep him. All I can say is - thank goodness!! It was actually much "fancier" inside than I expected with white tablecloths, wine glasses set at each table and jazz music. We had certainly not taken Nolan to eat anywhere like that before! He LOVED it. The waitress was really sweet and asked if we were celebrating a special event - of course Nolan explained that yes we were indeed and that he was a graduate. She asked him if it was from Kindergarten and he smiled so big and explained that it was only pre-k and that he would be in kindergarten after the summer. She laughed at his little "adult" ways all night. He was served Sprite in a wine glass and used his best manners all during dinner. I was worried about the menu (as I mentioned, it was a little nicer than I expected) and there was no spaghetti or pizza to be found! The waitress again came to the rescue and told us that they could make him cheese pizza or a simple pasta if we needed - and yes we needed it with the pickiest kid in the world! Nolan enjoyed his $20 "fancy" pizza very much. :) Scott and I had a great time with our sweet boy who is getting bigger everyday - he is turning into such a smart "big" kid (no longer a baby, toddler or even a "little" boy). I was proud to say the least. :)
Nolan and his best friend Seth (don't they look like frat boys????)