Sunday, August 2, 2009
Trip to the circus!
On Wednesday night I took Nolan to the circus. PaPa's work (Vought) has a box out at the AA center and he was given two tickets for the show. I hadn't been to the circus in years. We had a great time! I thought that Nolan might lose interest but he really liked it. Scott and Hudson hung out at home and it was nice to have a night out with just me and Nolan. They have a "pre-show" that was great. They let all the families go out on the actual arena floor and mingle with the clowns. One of the elephants came out and painted a picture. I think Nolan liked that part the best because we were so close. I couldn't believe all the crappy toys they try to sell ya...there were little booths set up everywhere we went!! Of course I was talked into an $18 toy that will probably be broken within the week. The biggest shock was when I decided to get us some cotton candy. The guy was going up and down the aisles selling it and lots of families were buying it so I was completely shocked (after yelling for some and having it passed down to us about 10 seats in) when I found out the cost was $12 dollars!!!! Are you kidding me? That was out of control!! I was not going to make all those families pass it back - too embarrassing. Too top it all off, Nolan took one taste and gagged. It was his first time to try it and he didn't like it at all. He said "The texture is disgusting in my mouth!" I almost forced him to try it again until he said that - how do you argue with that? Ha ha! So I ate the $12 cotton candy and he wore the cheap 2 cent hat that came on top of the bag. Go figure. Good thing we had free tickets and a parking pass!




