Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Weekend Wrap Up
This weekend was again busy as usual. Scott had his final game for the season on Friday night. I went with the boys and had a good time talking with all the wives. I have to say that I have really enjoyed it through the summer. As working parents, we never really have big plans on Friday night anyways so this was a way to see friends, let the kids play and relax. I hope they do it again in the Fall when the weather will be perfect! Saturday, Scott worked so I got up with the boys and we ran what seemed like an endless list of errands - haircuts, a trip to the bank, Target and the mall for back to school shopping and a present for Stevi's baby shower. Then I took the boys to Joni's to spend the night. The baby shower was a couples shower so it was nice to visit with everyone and have a glass of wine without worrying about the kiddos. Stevi and Jamey got a ton of cute stuff for sweet baby boy #2. Who I believe finally has a name - Denton James. So cute! Scott even made the comment that now he sees why when I come home from a baby shower I want another baby. (Typically a short lived thought!) Maybe I need to start making him attend all showers for our family! After the shower, Scott went to a housewarming party for our friends Nick and Brittany. We had to split up our night because it was also a b-day party for Courtney, so he went to one and I went to the other. I had a few hours to kill before I was going to meet up with Courtney so I went to the Highlands and got a much need pedicure. I downloaded some new songs to my i-Pod before the night out. Nolan asked me on Friday if I had heard the new Miley Cyrus song. I told him no and he then told me "It's SO good - you are gonna really like it. She even talks about Britney in it." That made me laugh! Of course when I added it to my i-Pod he was right - I did love it. Hudson, Nolan and I have pumped it up all week. The chorus says something about put your hands up in the air and of course we all do it and dance. I sure am going to enjoy this last week before Nolan starts school and realizes that it probably not cool for a little boy to like Miley Cyrus. I even tortured Courtney, Jen, Becca and Rachel with it on Saturday night. They can say whatever they want but they liked it too! In fact, I think I am going to add it to my blog songs right now! I only snapped two pictures all weekend and they were from Stevi's shower. I love the first one with her eating cake - too funny!
