Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Liver, were going to the river!

The past weekend we took our annual trip down to New Braunfels for a weekend of tubing! It was awesome. I didn't take very many pictures but the ones I did were pretty funny. I was trying to get picture of everyone kissing (something that sounded like a good idea after a few beers!) and my favorite is the one of Courtney and Keith. So funny!! We went to the outlets in San Marcus on Friday, tubed on the river on Saturday and came on Sunday. It was a blast. After we floated the river we just posted up on the river right in front of our camp and relaxed in the water for a few more hours. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to just drink with friends and laugh. We really needed some adult time and it was nice to have it! I wish I was a river rat! :) On Saturday night we went to eat at Mamacita's like we always do after a river trip. Yummy! Sunday we slept late and then hit the road to go home. Renting a cabin was perfect - it made the trip even better! We stopped in Gruene and did a little shopping in the old country store and then ate lunch at the Gristmill Restaurant. It was SO good. They had these amazing green beans that they of course call "Gruene Beans". I asked the waiter what was in them and he said that they had fresh green beans, pico, bacon and a little feta cheese. I found a copycat recipe online so I am going to try them out this weekend. If they are good I will post the recipe. I love our annual river trip - this was our 10th year and it just gets better every time!