I took off work from Thursday to this coming Wednesday for a long needed vacation. All of my time this year has been used on sick kids and household chores. It was time to just stop worrying about work and enjoy a little time off with the boys. Becca had surgery on Thursday so my mom of course couldn't watch the boys so I took off and decided to make a fun day of it a day earlier than I planned. We got up and went to the log cabin village in FW. I wasn't expecting much but it was actually pretty fun. It was super cheap - $6.50 for all three of us. I expected it to be a self guided little tour but they had people dressed up in period clothing at each cabin to teach the kids. We were only there about an hour but that was enough time for Nolan to soak it up and leave with a million questions to discuss all week. Ha-Ha! We had lunch at La Madeline; we had our favorite tomato basil soup. We ended our first official day of vacation playing in the backyard with cap guns until Scott got home from work. Granny bought them for the boys for their 4th of July treat; I didn't even know they still made them! It was a good way to start off our "stay-cation". On Friday we left for the lake. I'll post more later.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Vacation starts off with a bang...
I took off work from Thursday to this coming Wednesday for a long needed vacation. All of my time this year has been used on sick kids and household chores. It was time to just stop worrying about work and enjoy a little time off with the boys. Becca had surgery on Thursday so my mom of course couldn't watch the boys so I took off and decided to make a fun day of it a day earlier than I planned. We got up and went to the log cabin village in FW. I wasn't expecting much but it was actually pretty fun. It was super cheap - $6.50 for all three of us. I expected it to be a self guided little tour but they had people dressed up in period clothing at each cabin to teach the kids. We were only there about an hour but that was enough time for Nolan to soak it up and leave with a million questions to discuss all week. Ha-Ha! We had lunch at La Madeline; we had our favorite tomato basil soup. We ended our first official day of vacation playing in the backyard with cap guns until Scott got home from work. Granny bought them for the boys for their 4th of July treat; I didn't even know they still made them! It was a good way to start off our "stay-cation". On Friday we left for the lake. I'll post more later.