Sunday, July 5, 2009
July 4th 2009
The 4th was a great day. We just hung out at home in the morning, Nolan and I ran to Walmart and I baked up some yummy mac n cheese and baked beans. We were supposed to go over the the Jones' and then go to the lake but Hudson didn't go down until late and I really needed him to get a good nap so that he could make it until the fireworks. We just let him sleep and headed out to the lake about 4 when he woke up. We swam in the lake for a few hours. Hud does not like the lake and clung to me the whole time! Nolan LOVES it and was jumping from off of the dock into the water and riding the Jet Ski with Daddy all evening. Once it started to get dark we changed and pulled out the lawn chairs to watch the fireworks. Hudson ran around with a flag and Nolan did a few sparklers - it was an American day for sure. The 4th was always my favorite holiday growing up and still is today. It's nice to gather with family and friends over the weekend and celebrate our wonderful country. I was a little teary eyed driving home that night as we watched all the fireworks still going off all around us on the highway home. (no trees out past fort worth so you can see for miles!) It makes me think of my dad and our long drives home from the lake - tired, lakey and happy. My dad loved the 4th too and loved the fireworks. I loved doing those things with my family as a little girl and I hope that the boys always have fun memories of it too.

