Monday, July 20, 2009
New Kids on the Block Concert!
As I mentioned yesterday, I ended up getting to go to the New Kids concert on Friday night since Scott wanted to play softball. It was a super exciting! I LOVED the New Kids when I was a kid. Joey was my first true love. I just knew I was going to marry him. I think it's just something special that everyone can relate too - everyone has one of those bands. They were the songs that you fell in love with, daydreamed over and listen too with your friends. I did it again as a teenager with the Beatles. (Now of course technically that was way after the Beatles craze but it was still that way for me - just 30 years later!) New Kids were a right of passage for all girls who were in the 5th grade in 1990. I remember thinking I was SO old and mentioning to my mom at least once a day that I was a "preteen". Sitting on my clear unisonic phone from Spencer's, listening to my NKOTB tapes and reading my Bop magazines - that is what 5th and 6th grade were all about! Once you have that kind of connection with music, you always have a place for it in your heart. I still love them! I like the new album that they released last summer and of course all the old stuff. Scott doesn't want any part of them but he respects and understands the obsession. Ha ha! Since I bought my ticket a week before the concert I wasn't sitting with anyone I knew because they had all bought them months ago. Luckily I was able to sneak over to where Christi, Tannie and Ashley were sitting so that I wasn't alone. My high school girls were their too but they had lawn tickets so I never saw them. Christi did but I was too scared to leave their section and not be able to get back in so I just stayed put and let them handle the beer runs! :) The concert was great - they played old and new stuff. We even caught a beach ball and of course had to buy t-shirts! Ashley's cousin works at the Ghost Bar and the New Kids were having a post-party there so we were able to go and get in for free! It was so great, we were only about 15 feet from them. I was instantly transformed into a preteen again. Joe is still smokin hot. We shut down the bar and then had a late night Whataburger run. I was the DD (only had a few beers all night!) so I dropped the girls back off in Mansfield and finally made it home about 4:30. I haven't stayed out that late in years. It was a great night!!




