No pictures with this post! If you have a weak stomach you probably just want to skip this one! :)
I am sure that I have mentioned how the boys have SERIOUS gag reflexes. I have been meaning to post about this subject for a while but just never stopped to write about it. Nolan has been a gagger since he was a little baby. Scott would gag when he would change Nolan's diapers and I guess Nolan caught on and it made him sick too. What baby gags over their own poopy diapers?? Hudson is the same way and has a super strong gag reflex too. Nolan's are typically over gross sights and usually he just gags but rarely actually throws up. Hudson's are usually over strong smells and he always pukes. It is really really weird but just part of daily life around our house! Hudson also seems to choke and throw up on his food about once a week. It happens so often that Nolan refuses to sit by Hud at the table. If and when it happens it of course puts Nolan into a gagging fit as well. All of our friends and family have witnessed their gagging and throw-up and some point. Like I said it's pretty common for us. I thought I would share a few of the most recent puke stories so I that I wont forget them!
A few months ago MiMi took the boys to McDonald's for breakfast. She let them play on the playground for a while and then told them it was time to go. Hud was not ready to go and threw a serious fit - so much so that once she dragged him out and had him buckled in the car he screamed until he threw up. Joni tried to clean him up but of course Nolan then freaked out and started to puke. She said that he really did try not too and just stuck his head out the window but just couldn't help it. She had to just jump in the car and drive them home - there was no way for her to clean them up. She said it had both of them sick the whole way home. Once they were home she had to strip them down, throw them in the bathtub and the clean her car which was awful!! Nolan later was looking over his temporary tattoo on his arm and said to MiMi "Well at least it didn't get on my tattoo." She said she could have choked him. He later referred to the incident as "the throw-up blow up" which was hilarious because it was so true! :)
Most everyone witnessed Nolan gagging at their birthday party when Hudson had icing all over his face. We had to pull Nolan away from the table, get him some water and make him take deep breaths to avoid actual puke. Good Lord! Also I might add that one of Nolan's first full sentences at about 18 months was "Poopy diaper makes me gag!" We have it on video.
Hudson has also puked on two different occasions when entering the pet store - once with me and once with MiMi. And many, many times when he is mad and throwing a fit. Again, we have no idea what causes him to be like this!
The last puke story is from this past Saturday. After rolling in from the New Kids concert at 4:30 I certainly did not take a shower. I just got into bed and conked out! Scott got up with the boys so that I could keep sleeping. About 8:30 Hud came into our room and wanted up on the bed and kept saying "Mommy snuggle". How could I resist? I pulled him up and he instantly smelled me and said "Mommy, what's that smell?" while curling up his nose. At first I thought it was my smokey hair from the bar but after I continued to talk in his face he gagged and threw up a whole sippy cup of milk on me and all over the bed I realized it was my breath. How sad is that??? My killer morning breath caused him to vomit all over me. Nice way to wake up, it all happened in a matter of about 30 seconds I was still half a sleep. I had to jump up strip the sheets and get in the shower. Sick. I am not sure what's funnier - the fact that Hud puked or that it was caused by my breath. Uggh! All in a day at the Mays' household!