Sunday, July 19, 2009

More from our vacation...

Okay so it's no secret, I take a ton of pictures. I wanted to post the a few more of my favorites from our trip last week before I move on to all the fun that's happened since we've been home. We went to Dinosaur Valley to see the tracks. Now I must say that I was expecting much more than what we actually saw. I was thinking there would be other activities or something but it's literally just a state park where you walk down to the dry riverbed and look at them. Nolan was a little disappointed too because he really wanted to dig for bones. We shopped on the square and had ice cream at a cute little soda shop. We also had to stop and take a picture with this little van that was seriously the size of a golf cart. It was a real van that I am guessing was from the early 70's. The boys that is was awesome and SO wanted to drive it! At night after the boys were in bed we would play games and have a few drinks. I bought this game Partini and we played it a bunch - it was hilarious! I have very deadly video of Conner doing a strip tease for Scott. But since I am such a good sister-in-law I am not gonna post it! :) The last day we took the boys to the lake swim beach. It was really nice and a perfect way to end the trip. It was really pretty sand and was really better than Galveston (minus the actual ocean and the 6 hour drive to the gulf beach). I plan to take the boys out there again before summer's over - even if we just pack a lunch and go out there for the day. I love Granbury. Scott and I both say that we want to retire out there. I love it most because it is such a part of my childhood and I have so many good memories with my family. I hope that the boys have the same types of memories too!