Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

I LOVE vacation. Can I please have a week off each month? Oh yeah, I will also need a raise to support my spending habits while off of work. Thanks!

We left on Friday morning for the lake. My grandparents and my great-aunt and uncle when in half on a lake lot and trailer back in the late 60's out on Lake Granbury. We have gone out there every summer my whole life. About 10 years ago my great aunt passed away and my great uncle Dwayne sold his house and moved out there full time. He is now remarried to a wonderful woman Dee(who was also a widow) and they are both doing great and are so happy which is great for both of them. She also has a house on the lake in Granbury so the trailer is just used for a lake house again. We don't really get the chance to go out there often these days but we decided to head out there for a few days to just relax and get a break. I am SO glad that we did. I went down with Nana and Aunt B and then Conner and Scott came down on Friday night after work and stayed through the weekend. The girls and little boys stayed until Wednesday. It was a laid back week and I enjoyed every minute of it! (um, except maybe when the boys were fighting or out of control but of course that wasn't too often with my sweet little angels - right? :)

We mostly hung out at the trailer, cooked out, swam in the lake off the dock and played games after the kids were in bed till late. These are a few pics of just the boys playing outside. Wish we always had a lake in our backyard.

My mom handed the camera down to me while I was on a raft with Hud watching Nolan feed the ducks. We started out with two ducks and then I guess word traveled fast and we had about 15 ducks swimming around us. Hudson thought it was so funny!


Nolan loves the water and wanted to swim the whole time we were there! He didn't want to wear his lifejacket but I explained that he had too in the lake because I can't see the bottom like in a pool. No way!


Nana packed the JD powerwheels so the boys could ride around on the land.


Hud making a mess with a water bottle on the porch. Love those tan little baby legs! Notice the skinned knees and giant bump on his head. All in a good days work. Ugh!


Nolan playing Frisbee.