Sunday, July 19, 2009
Scott's 30th Birthday
It was finally Scott's turn to turn 30! I have been waiting for this day for a few months now so he can quit referring to his 20's! Ha ha! His actual birthday was Friday. He had a softball game on Friday night that he didn't wanna miss since he missed last weekend. The New Kids had a concert on Friday night which I had not planned to attend but once he decided that he was gonna play he said I should go. So we met for lunch but spent the evening apart which was weird but worked out. Nolan and I made him a cake on Thursday night and did birthday on Friday morning before work. I love the picture below of Nolan and Scott. Seriously, isn't Scott such a hottie? I really do think that he is sexier each year, maybe he will age like George Clooney - um, lucky me!! Anyways, back to post... I met up with him and some of his co-workers for lunch. He played his game (they lost - boo!) and then took the boys to McDonalds and Mike came over that night. Saturday we cleaned house, shopped and prepared for the big party! We had a "good old" house party and had a ton of fun. I played bartender for a while and Scott jammed it out in his newly decorated guitar room. (For his birthday present he wanted to spruce up the extra bedroom and make it a full on music room. It turned out great! We painted the walls grey and bought couches and accessories from Ikea.) We stayed up way too late and just hung out with friends. I think he had a great time! I wish I had taken more pictures but i posted the few that I did take. On Sunday he ended his birthday weekend with dinner at his parents house. I even got a great picture of the five generations on his mom's side of the family. It was a great weekend. I love this age - raising our family, enjoying our friends and just living life to the fullest. I love you Scotty. You are an amazing father, you are funny and thoughtful, my soul mate and truly my very best friend. I bought a sign and hung it over our bedroom door that says "Grow old with me - the best is yet to be!" because it is exactly how I feel. The past twelve years have been wonderful, more than anything I could have guessed. I am blessed everyday because of Scott and the life we have built together. Happy Birthday Honey!





