LOVE these next pictures of my mom being silly - she is so cute!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Baking Day!
We have a day every year where we go over to Granny's and make cheeseballs. (I have no pictures this year since I lost my little camera!) It's something we started about five years ago with my aunts. It gives us a chance to spend some time together and make up cheeseballs that we can freeze and give as gifts or take as snacks to holiday parties. It's always a great time. I guess after years of us talking about cheeseball day my Grandma was feeling a little slided. She decided to make up her own day where all the women on my mom's side of the family get together at her house to make something. Grandma is a baker - she makes the best rolls, pies and cakes so we first started talking about a baking day. The problem is that she only has two ovens and with a bunch of different recipes all with different temperatures that would be hard to do all of our baking together. We decided to pick out different candies and make them up and package them for gifts. My cousin Starla even made up these awesome sugar scrubs. We had a such a good time cracking jokes and telling stories all afternoon. I am SOOOOOO lucky to have two amazing sides of my family that I am able to fully share my life with. Well really three because even my "in-law" family is awesome! I hope that as the boys grow up they take notice of our wonderful family and always have a connection to them the way I have.
LOVE these next pictures of my mom being silly - she is so cute!







LOVE these next pictures of my mom being silly - she is so cute!