Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Making the rounds on Christmas day!

After the glass incident we headed over to Granny's house. It was good to spend time with the Willard side of our family. The boys played with the train, Hudson got into all the candy dishes (as always), we had a huge yummy lunch and opened great presents.

Then we went over to MeMa's for deserts and more presents of course. My favorite gift that Nolan picked out this year was for Old PaPa (PaPa Harkrider). Nolan always wants to play in their garage (I guess because it is full of boxes and old stuff) but he always wants to go out there. PaPa and MeMa always tell him no because they say there could be mice out there. I don't think there are really any mice, but they have said it said since Nolan was little. At Dollar Tree Nolan saw a pack of mouse traps and got so excited. He picked them up and turned around with the biggest smile and said "I want to get these for Old PaPa - MeMa would be so happy if he could catch that old mouse out in the garage!". It was so sweet and very thoughtful. We wrapped them up and Nolan was so proud to give PaPa his gift. Just what any man would want - mouse traps! It was really cute.




Our last stop for the day was Grandma's house. She did snacks and presents in the evening which worked out perfectly for us. I didn't get any pictures at our last stop. I stole a couple from facebook that my cousin Alicia posted. Grandma gave the boys bikes this year. Nolan was SO excited about his new "big boy" bike with NO training wheels. We took the training wheels off his other bike this summer but he wasn't quite ready yet. This is a little bigger bike so I think it will be easier for him to ride it and I know he will have it down in no time!


This holiday season was jam packed with parties, family, food and fun! It is a blessing to have such a full and crazy life! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!