When we went into JoAnn's, Becca came across the clearance isle with all of the leftover Halloween crap. She found this nasty mask of a pirate?Caveman?homeless person? and decided to put it on and scare the crap out of me. We laughed until we were crying. (It could have been that we were delirious by this point but it was SO freaking funny to us.) I told her to put it back on and I took some pics of her just casually shopping in the store. We were laughing so hard we kinda made a scene. One of the managers even cruised by us to see what was going on. Just our luck the next isle over had another one of those masks and we decided to buy a matching set! They were marked 90% off at $1.61 each. Best buy of the day for sure! We have already scared Scott, Conner, the boys and a few friends that have stopped by the house. So much fun. I have a feeling that these masks will be in the family for a while. Ha ha! When we got home and we were unloading the car and separating out the bags and putting them in Mom's car and Becca's car we put them back on. Cars were driving past, our neighbors were out working in the yard - it was hilarious to see the stares. The next day my next door neighbor asked me if I got a hair cut. Hilarious! It was another successful Black Friday!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Black Friday 2009
Once again it was time to wake up a 3AM and shop till we dropped on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Me, Mom and Becca were up before the chickens or at least before Chick-Fil-A. Now, we are not that crazy family that camps out at Best Buy but we definitely like to get in on some the good deals. :) This year we mapped our route the night before, clipped all coupons and I even bought us each one of those 5 hour energy shots to take after a few hours in to keep us motivated. Scott called me at about 10am and realized that he left his wallet in my car. He wanted to come get it so that he could take the boys to McDonald's for breakfast. We were just about to go into JoAnn's up in the Highlands so I told him to come up there. Becca wanted to send home the Christmas lights that she bought so that Conner could go get them and start working on them. I realized that I was going to have to open the trunk and dig out the bags of lights and panic set in. There were A LOT of bags in the trunk and in the back seat. I didn't want Scott to see all of it and freak out. So Becca and I were in a mad scramble to get her bags of lights out and get the trunk shut before he pulled up. It's not like they were all my bags, but it would not look good for him to see all of that! Ha ha! I took a picture of the trunk at that point and that was after about 7 hours of shopping. We continued to shop until about 4:30pm. It was a little out of control but at least I can say I am done with my shopping and got great deals. YAY!




When we went into JoAnn's, Becca came across the clearance isle with all of the leftover Halloween crap. She found this nasty mask of a pirate?Caveman?homeless person? and decided to put it on and scare the crap out of me. We laughed until we were crying. (It could have been that we were delirious by this point but it was SO freaking funny to us.) I told her to put it back on and I took some pics of her just casually shopping in the store. We were laughing so hard we kinda made a scene. One of the managers even cruised by us to see what was going on. Just our luck the next isle over had another one of those masks and we decided to buy a matching set! They were marked 90% off at $1.61 each. Best buy of the day for sure! We have already scared Scott, Conner, the boys and a few friends that have stopped by the house. So much fun. I have a feeling that these masks will be in the family for a while. Ha ha! When we got home and we were unloading the car and separating out the bags and putting them in Mom's car and Becca's car we put them back on. Cars were driving past, our neighbors were out working in the yard - it was hilarious to see the stares. The next day my next door neighbor asked me if I got a hair cut. Hilarious! It was another successful Black Friday!



When we went into JoAnn's, Becca came across the clearance isle with all of the leftover Halloween crap. She found this nasty mask of a pirate?Caveman?homeless person? and decided to put it on and scare the crap out of me. We laughed until we were crying. (It could have been that we were delirious by this point but it was SO freaking funny to us.) I told her to put it back on and I took some pics of her just casually shopping in the store. We were laughing so hard we kinda made a scene. One of the managers even cruised by us to see what was going on. Just our luck the next isle over had another one of those masks and we decided to buy a matching set! They were marked 90% off at $1.61 each. Best buy of the day for sure! We have already scared Scott, Conner, the boys and a few friends that have stopped by the house. So much fun. I have a feeling that these masks will be in the family for a while. Ha ha! When we got home and we were unloading the car and separating out the bags and putting them in Mom's car and Becca's car we put them back on. Cars were driving past, our neighbors were out working in the yard - it was hilarious to see the stares. The next day my next door neighbor asked me if I got a hair cut. Hilarious! It was another successful Black Friday!