Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Girls Christmas Party

We had our 13th annual Christmas party with all of my high school girls on Saturday night. We have been friends forever and it is always a crazy night. Over the years we have done different themes, different types of gift exchanges, hosted it at restaurants and at different houses but one thing is constant - our friendship. Our Christmas party is special because it is a girls only event, no hubby's no kids allowed! We relax, eat, drink and be merry. I love it! Last year we started a new tradition that Scott's Grandma Bess used to do when Scott was younger. It's year end predictions. Everyone writes down a few things about what they think will happen in the year to come and then seals it up in an envelope. I saved the ones from last year and we opened and read them at the party. It was neat to see how many were right - people having babies, moving, finding a new true love. We wrote new ones for 2010 and I can't wait to see how this new year unfolds!!