Friday, March 27, 2009

Human Nature

This week we went to see a sneak peak of the movie Earth. It's a lot like that Discovery Channel series Plant Earth just condensed down to two hours. It's produced by Disney so I was really thinking that it would be the "nice" nature stuff on the movie. Turns out it was NOT just the nice nature stuff; there was plenty of hunting, killing and starving in this movie. Christi, Brent and Ryleigh went with me, NaNa and Nolan to see it. All of the girls were a bit traumatized and saddened, but wouldn't you know, Brent and Nolan were just calm and cool as we left the theater. Brent said "It's just the circle of life", Nolan agreed and said "It's just nature, that's just what happens out there." I asked Nolan as we walked out what his favorite part was and he responded with "I liked the part where the Lions got that Elephant." Scared that was his favorite part, I decided to pry a little further once we got in the car and asked what else he liked about the movie...waiting I am thinking of all the amazing birds from the rain forest, the sweet ducklings jumping from the tree or maybe the penguins..he responds with "Oh yeah, I liked that part where the great white shark jumped up out of the water and swallowed that seal whole...did you see his razor sharp teeth?" My mom and I decided after that response not to ask anymore questions about the movie. Guess I should just be glad it didn't traumatize him, right?