Friday, March 20, 2009

Egg Salad

I made egg salad sandwiches for dinner last week for Scott and the boys. I don't really care for egg salad because it has mayo in it and you all know how I feel about that - YUCK! But Scott likes it and it's quick and easy so I thought that the boys would probably eat it too. I was wrong - Hudson at least ate the toasted bread and the cheese from the sandwich. Nolan wanted nothing to do with it. He was actually keeping his cool, but trying very hard to think his way out of eating it. I tried to guilt him into it by saying I was making him something special, so I guess he felt like he needed to be polite in his refusal. He first picked at the other items on the plate and then said "I'm full". Of course I said "nope, eat 4 bites of your sandwich". He then responded "I'm really not hungry - I had a chicken nugget at lunch" when I just looked at him he then said "...and I forgot, I had gum after school." Seriously, one chicken nugget and gum? This kid is gonna be skinny forever! Ha ha! I again told him he had to eat it, by this time I had jumped up to get a wet rag to wash Hudson's hands. He finally took a few bites and then I heard "Oh Lord, here come the pickles..." (like the pickle relish in the egg salad just threw him over the edge) It was so funny cause he was so serious about the situation. I just had to hide my smile and pretend I didn't hear it. Finally, after about 10 minutes of this he ate the sandwich and said it was good when he finished it. Just another day...