Friday, March 27, 2009

Earth Angels

Hudson is talking all the time these days - some of it is in English. He gets really upset when we are in the car and he sees something and wants us to acknowledge it but we didn't see it so we have no idea what he is talking about. He will just keep yelling the word at us and we keep guessing but don't seem to figure it out. I remember going through this with Nolan too and I really feel for them at this age. I know it's frustrating and we just try our best to work through it until the mystery is solved! A few days ago we were coming home from a walk and there was an empty water bottle left in the stroller. Hudson started saying something over and over again but it was certainly nothing like "water bottle" yet he was reaching for it. I thought; oh, he must want to play with the water bottle, so I handed it too him. As soon as it was in his little hands he took off for the garage. I had no idea what he was doing. He opened the door and ran outside and threw the bottle into the recycling bin, came back into the house and shut the door. I was super impressed and of course then realized that he was saying "recycling bin". WOW! That would have NEVER have been a word that I would have guessed for a 22 month old. It was so cute. I have to save all the boxes and bottles and stuff for Nolan to go put in the bin. I just set them on the edge of the counter and he knows that's his pile for the night. Now Nolan and Hudson have to take turns throwing stuff out there and have actually been fighting over it. Maybe they will grow up and save the planet? Or maybe just each have a route driving the recycling trucks instead of garbage trucks - a mom can dream, can't she?