Friday, April 27, 2012

Caution...Road Curves Ahead!

Big changes are coming for me and my sweet boys! We are moving next Tuesday to our new little house.   I cannot begin to tell you how excited/happy/scared/ready/not ready at all – I am!   I know that this is all a part of something bigger than I can see.   A month ago I could not even have pictured how my life is currently playing out.   It has been such a rush of emotions each day and I am just rolling with it at this point. 
I spent a lot of last weekend painting and antiquing a kitchen table that my mom found at the market for me.   It’s super cute! (now it is anyways)  It was just a plain brown table with four plain chairs and now it is cream and turquoise!  (I will post some pics later)  I have been spending WAY too much time on Pintrest and have about 7 million ideas in my head for the kitchen.   This is the first of MANY and it turned out exactly like I wanted.   I also bought a little beat-up kitchen island that is a kelly green color.   I plan to do bright jewel tones in the kitchen. I have found a few little things here and there so I am hoping that it all works well together once I move in! I am really worried about my huge furniture fitting in the teeny house – but I am just going to hope for the best and I guess sell it on craigslist if it just doesn’t fit!   My project for this weekend is to attempt to re-upholster two chairs, paint a set of shutters and paint a headboard for my room that looks very bohemian.   Yikes!   Not sure if I will be able to accomplish it all with kids under foot – but I am sure going to try!

I just finished paying all my deposits for utilities, renting the U-Haul and scheduling my “move-out” from the storage place so we should be all set for Tuesday.  So lucky to have so many offers of help with the move.   It should be fairly easy to load it up and move it in. It’s the unpacking that is scary! Houses built in 1950 don’t have much storage and no garage.   So I am just going to fly by the seat of my pants and pray that it all fits and works!   The boys are really excited about having their own rooms and both have had very funny ideas about décor for their new little spaces.   I am really really loving my life right now.   It’s crazy, hectic and scary but it’s really, really good for the first time in a long time.   I am so excited to see what God has planned next!