A few weeks ago Nolan had open house. He worked really hard on all of his projects and did a great job! Nolan had to do a couple of “all about me” assignments that turned out great. Mrs. Duff took some really sweet pictures of all of her students and had them posted on the door. She also traced each student’s silhouette onto black construction paper and cut it out. Each child then put “facts” below the silhouette to help the parents figure out who was who. Nolan’s facts where funny and his outline was easy to spot! He said he was tan, had blue eyes and was awesome. Ha-ha! I am kinda thinking he was a little off base with the tan comment. And as for his “awesome” description… guess we don’t have to worry too much about his self-esteem at this point!
Every student was assigned a biography to read and had to complete their first book report. Nolan made a “magazine” that included his book report, all of the research documents and his notes that he made during the project. His biography was on the life of Levi Straus. He had to draw a few pictures of him and even did a fake advertisement on the back cover. (I thought it was pretty funny because instead of doing the ad on jeans like you would expect, he actually did a “got milk” ad and drew Levi Straus with a milk mustache.) I love seeing how his little brain works. We talked about it that night for a long time and he really knows all about Levi and retained all sorts of interesting facts about him. It was neat to see his face light up when I was asking questions about his project.
When they returned to school from spring break, their class had a “wax museum” where all of the students dressed up like the person from their biography and parents and other kids were able to go through the museum. They each had a little "button" on their hand and when you pressed it they gave you facts about who they were dressed up as. It was really cute! Levi Straus actually looked a lot like Abraham Lincoln so I was a little worried people wouldn't know who he was. I was thankful they had little name tags on their tables. Nolan did a great job and remembered all of his facts. I was super proud!
His good buddy Blake was Thomas Jefferson - check out the wig! I loved it!
Delaney was Michelle Obama...cracked me up to see this tiny little blonde haired, blue eyed thing in that big wig - so cute!
Nolan's other good friend Hudson (that used to live down the street from us) was Ronald Reagan.





