Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two funnies for your day…

Nolan has been very into constellations lately. He always points out different ones in the sky and is super excited when he finds them. Last week while we were driving he noticed Orion and was telling me how he could see the “belt” of stars and that was how he found it. Hudson (not to be outdone) got out of the car and pointed up to the sky (in the complete opposite direction I might add) and said “Hey look Mom; I see it too – there’s Obama!” Ha Ha!

Last night I was changing into my pajamas while the boys were already in bed. Nolan was I guess watching me change and said “Why do girls wear colored underwear?”. I said because they want to look pretty. Then he told me that he was so glad he wasn’t a girl. I asked why and he said “Because I would hate to have to wear a bra and I would never want to go through birth.” I was a little shocked by the second reason so of course I asked him what he meant by that. He responded “You know like when a mom doesn’t tell the doctor in time and has to poop out her baby!” Hudson immediately parroted the same “Yeah, I don’t want to poop out babies!”. I almost died. I have no idea how Nolan would know anything about childbirth at this point since I am pretty sure the last time he asked me about it I just said the doctor takes the baby out of the mommy’s tummy. Ugh. It was horrible and hilarious all at the same time.

And some completely random pictures of a weird beetle that Hudson found killed and brought to me in the bathroom so that I could see it’s “rainbow color”. So thoughtful. BOYS!