Friday, April 13, 2012

12 in 12 for April

We ate this for breakfast: I had an Advocare shake and the boys ate with Scott before school. I forgot to ask them what they had.

This is on our agenda: It was a normal work and school day for all of us. Hudson had “graduation” pictures which makes me sad!

This made us laugh: Playing “concentration” with a deck of cards – the boys are seriously so much better at it than I am!

Last thing we purchased was: Books (It was one of the “coupons” in their Easter Egg so they wanted to cash that one in immediately!)

This is our favorite song: Nolan’s favorite is “Comeback Kid” by Sleigh Bells (his favorite Indie group) and “Jump” by the Pointer Sisters (very funny back story on that one). Hudson’s favorite is “Don’t Stop” by Foster the People, “Mustache Man” by Cake and “Nasty” by Janet Jackson (yes from the 80’s). Mine is “Boyfriend” by Justin Bieber (don’t judge – I Shazamed it thinking it kinda sounded like Justin Timberlake and was completely shocked when it was the Beebs!), “Young Homie” by Chris Rene and “History is Made at Night” from the tv show Smash.

We watched this on TV: We didn’t watch anything on tv – shocking!

This is what we are reading: The parenting book I just started is called Mean Moms Rule and so far it’s a pretty good book. The boys are always onto something new – last week we read a lot out of Nolan’s Action Bible and then this week we started A Dog called Kitty to read before bedtime. (one of my favorites!)

We are looking forward to: This weekend – we have three birthday parties so it should be a fun, jam packed weekend!

We ran these errands: I had an appointment to do see a little rent house in Kennedale. (I loved it and filled out an application!)

We ate this for dinner: Mom fed the boys dinner for me since I had that appointment at 6 which is right at dinner time! They had chicken and I had a few cookies with milk at about 9pm after they were bathed and in bed! (I know – super healthy!)

Today we celebrated: The ending of Divorce Care – it has been a wonderful experience but being at church for two hours every Wednesday was a big commitment for us the past three months! It was nice to talk about everything we have learned as a family and I know that it was such a good choice to take Nolan to DC4Kids. We both made some very good friends that I know will be a part of our lives going forward. It’s good for us to have others to share our experiences with.

We are grateful for: I asked the boys and Nolan’s answer was “books” and Hudson’s was “Easter candy” – ha ha!

Below are a few pictures from the other day at the Barnes and Noble.  Since I didn't take any pictures!