The most embarrassing event of the weekend (probably in my life actually) happened on Sunday. I went to my mom’s to pick up the last of everything that was at her house. There was a small load of clothes that were washing on moving day that were still left at her place. I had an open box with some pantry stuff and so I just stuffed the clean clothes on top of that box and loaded it in the car. When I got home I unloaded the final cartons from the car and was working to put everything away when someone knocked at the door. It was a man who introduced himself and told me he lived across the street. He said “These blew into my yard and I figured you would want them back.” Then he handed me two pairs of my panties!!! I almost died. I just grabbed them and he chuckled and said “Well I will let you get back at it – just thought you would want those.” And turned around and walked away. I told him thank you and shut the door. OMG OMG OMG It is hilarious now – it was mortifying then! They were just regular cute target panties – nothing too granny or too sexy – thank God! I don’t know what would have been worse! My mom laughed so hard when I told her what happened a few hours later. Ugh. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Monday, May 7, 2012
New lease on life!
Moving day went great. My Uncle Dell, Uncle Joel, Christi, David, Mom, Starla and I busted butt and got everything moved from the storage to the house in one trip with the big U-Haul. Thank goodness for two sweet uncles who used up their day off to help! They had to drive the big truck down bumpy country roads, through the new stupid traffic circles and Uncle Joel even had to pull in and get gas. It was funny – seriously right out of a sitcom with the two of us trying to get under the oning and not hit the posts or pumps. The only real hiccup in the day was when they moved in the couches and they we’re MASSIVE for my little space. I almost cried – they looked so ridiculous in there! They ended up moving them right back out and taking them straight to the market to sell them. I had no couch for a few days and then on Saturday I found the little one pictured below. It’s so cute! I got it and the little chest and can’t wait to finish decorating the rest of room! David came over to change out my dryer cord and to put extra planking in the attic on Thursday. He even drilled all the plywood down up there so it’s safe and secure; I am so grateful for all of his help! Christi and I heaved about a million boxes up to him for storage! Tanner is going to be my “yard guy” this summer which is such a blessing too. Some of the girls came over on Friday night for pizza and gossip – I love having my own place again to entertain. I have missed that staying at mom’s. I had lots of visitors drop by all week which was great! Living on one of the main roads on Kennedale is going to be interesting. I am literally about 1 min from Grandma, Starla, Derick, Aunt Patty, Uncle Dell and Uncle Clay. They all live at the other end of the street. Plus I have a bunch of friends who live within a few minutes too. It was kinda like living in Mayberry all week with all the stop ins and honks. I loved it. My mom and I went searching for furniture off and on all week and I found a bookshelf and chest for Hudson which I painted black and bought some cute checkered knobs to match his room. She found a big green pantry for the kitchen (which I needed for storage and was perfect!) and now I just have to find coffee table and end table and I should have most of the furniture figured out! I feel like I have a million ideas and it’s never going to be finished! It will slowly all come together it’s just going to take a while! My church guys from my life group are going to come over on Wednesday and handle all the little “honey do’s” that seem to be pilling up. I attempted to use a drill this weekend which ended in tears and a fit of rage. I decided to call in help after that and I am so lucky to have such a caring group from church to jump in and help me out! I have unpacked just about everything, bought groceries to stock the house, done a ton of laundry, made beds, set up the bathrooms and painted almost every piece of furniture in the house! It has been a ton of work but all so worth it!
The most embarrassing event of the weekend (probably in my life actually) happened on Sunday. I went to my mom’s to pick up the last of everything that was at her house. There was a small load of clothes that were washing on moving day that were still left at her place. I had an open box with some pantry stuff and so I just stuffed the clean clothes on top of that box and loaded it in the car. When I got home I unloaded the final cartons from the car and was working to put everything away when someone knocked at the door. It was a man who introduced himself and told me he lived across the street. He said “These blew into my yard and I figured you would want them back.” Then he handed me two pairs of my panties!!! I almost died. I just grabbed them and he chuckled and said “Well I will let you get back at it – just thought you would want those.” And turned around and walked away. I told him thank you and shut the door. OMG OMG OMG It is hilarious now – it was mortifying then! They were just regular cute target panties – nothing too granny or too sexy – thank God! I don’t know what would have been worse! My mom laughed so hard when I told her what happened a few hours later. Ugh. Welcome to the neighborhood!
The most embarrassing event of the weekend (probably in my life actually) happened on Sunday. I went to my mom’s to pick up the last of everything that was at her house. There was a small load of clothes that were washing on moving day that were still left at her place. I had an open box with some pantry stuff and so I just stuffed the clean clothes on top of that box and loaded it in the car. When I got home I unloaded the final cartons from the car and was working to put everything away when someone knocked at the door. It was a man who introduced himself and told me he lived across the street. He said “These blew into my yard and I figured you would want them back.” Then he handed me two pairs of my panties!!! I almost died. I just grabbed them and he chuckled and said “Well I will let you get back at it – just thought you would want those.” And turned around and walked away. I told him thank you and shut the door. OMG OMG OMG It is hilarious now – it was mortifying then! They were just regular cute target panties – nothing too granny or too sexy – thank God! I don’t know what would have been worse! My mom laughed so hard when I told her what happened a few hours later. Ugh. Welcome to the neighborhood!













