Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 12 on 12th

We ate this for breakfast: Nolan spent the night with MiMi on Friday night so they had donuts Saturday morning. Hudson had “croutons” which are actually broken ranch flavored pretzels and I had a Monster…yep, stellar picture of health choices.

This is on our agenda: Work on the flower beds of our new house! I worked outside off and on all day and the boys played outside and “helped” me all day.

This made us laugh: Nolan talking about how friendly the staff was at Wal-Mart. All the workers kept telling me “Happy Mother’s Day” and he noticed that and thought that was so nice. Um, I guess he didn’t notice that the reason they were all saying that was because I was that crazy mom who had been working in her yard all day – was filthy, screaming for my kids to stay with me, stop fighting, put that down and hurry up so we can get out of here!

Last thing we purchased was: Plants, flowers and mulch

This is our favorite song: Nolan has been on a Weezer kick and has downloaded the whole blue album to my phone in the past week and is still loving Nirvana – ugh…I am SO over it now. Hudson asks for Beatles or Adele. I have gone back and downloaded a bunch of Plumb songs. I just love her and love all of her music.  Current favorite is “Boys don’t cry”.

We watched this on TV: Still no cable or Internet at the “farm house” so it’s DVD’s only for right now – and I don’t have that many! The boys watched one of the Chipmunk movies and then after they were in bed I relaxed with a glass of wine and watched Sweet Home Alabama.

This is what we are reading: Nolan and Hudson were so excited when we unpacked the box of books this weekend from storage. They both sat in their rooms reading and looking at books for a LOOOOOONG time. Love my little readers. We aren’t reading anything as a family right this second. It’s been a crazy two weeks with the move but I am sure we will start something new soon! I am reading The Shack (something that has been on my reading list for WAY too long!) and I am doing a Lysa TerKeurst bible study that’s really good called Being More than a Good Bible Study Girl.

We are looking forward to: BIRTHDAYS and SUMMER! Hudson turns five on the 16th and Nolan will turn 8 on the 29th! CRAZY!

We ran these errands: Trip to Callaways and Wal-Mart for yard stuff – the yard looks awesome! I need to take some pictures.

We ate this for dinner: We drove through Sonic on the way home and picked up dinner and strawberry limeades. YUM.

Today we celebrated: Mother’s day was Sunday! The boys made crafts and cards that were super sweet and Nana took them to get me a little present. They picked out a sign for the kitchen that was absolutely perfect – I teared up when I read it. Nolan woke me up at about 5:30 asking if I wanted my presents. Um, no. I asked him if we could at least hold out until 6:30 or 7am?!?!

We are grateful for: Sweet Tanner for coming to mow the yard for the first of MANY times! Worth every penny to have a “yard guy” and so thankful for Justin and Tannie signing him up for the job and hauling him and a lawn mower over to do it!