Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Birthday Time!
With the move and all the craziness from the past month I just decided to do the boys' birthdays together and very small this year. Nolan wanted to have a couple of friends spend the night in his new room so why would I push for a party if that's all he wanted?!? Ha ha! It was so weird to celebrate their birthdays separately for the first time. Scott took the boys camping at Joe Pool. His family and girlfriend went out there for the day to celebrate. Nolan and Hudson both said they had a really good time but it was really hard for me to miss out on something like that and to know that someone else was there celebrating my children's birthday and I wasn't. I know that time will make all of this easier but while we are in the thick of it, it's awful for me. For my side of the family, I just invited everyone over on Thursday night to do cake and presents for both boys. I made homemade ice cream and Aunt Cindy made cupcakes - YUM. It was an easy fun filled night and I was glad that everyone got to see the house. Another hurdle crossed - it's getting a little easier everyday.
Doesn't my mom look great?!?
These two cheesers were in hog heaven with their cans of rootbeer. Hudson thought this was such a big deal to drink from a can cause we never have sodas for them in the house.