Friday, October 9, 2009

Swine Flu, Oh Swine Flu.

We so SO over this Swine Flu crap (h1n1, Strand A or whatever the politically correct term is these days). Nolan had it last week, Hudson came down with it on Monday afternoon and then of course I started running a fever last night. Things just stink around here. I called our house a "pig pen" when I was talking to my mom the other day and she started laughing over the swine flu reference. Seriously sucks. I NEVER watch the news so of course I was completely unprepared when Nolan came home puking last week. I guess everyone is going to get this flu, the flu shot will not protect you from this strand, Tamaflu is only for the "at risk", and all the other crap out there is true but seriously not that scary. My grandparents, parents and friends were all freaking out - calm down. Now after three doctors visits, Nolan's secondary ear infection, Hudson's Tamaflu prescription, being puked on while snuggling with a sick two year old and actually experiencing the flu for myself I am "in the know". It's not as big of a deal as the media is of course making it out to be. It's just the flu, sucks - yes, but it's just a regular old flu bug. Actually I would dare to say it is a little milder than some I have had in the past. Achy, fever, nose gunk - you know the drill. Not to take away from the families that have lost a loved one over this but the truth is that this happens every flu season to "healthy" kids - we just never heard about it until now. After going through it x 3 - IT'S JUST THE FLU. We have been house-bound for about 10 days at this point. Why couldn't we all just get it together? You know what this means... Scott will start coming down with it on Sunday. At least I don't have to stay home with him. I have worked from home for days and where that sounds cool - it's not. I have only been able to get in about 3 hours during the day while Hud is napping. That leaves hours of work in the evening trying to catch up, finish stuff and respond to emails. Ugh! I am tired. I can't wait to feel 100% and be back at the office. Who knew work would ever sound good?

Here are a couple of pictures of Nolan from a few weeks ago (pre-flu). Becca and Nana came over for dinner one night. After dinner we were just sitting around the table talking and Nolan came in with this outfit on. He decided to dress up as a plumber. Random. I have no idea what made him do that but it was hilarious! Sideways JD hat, plunger, sunglasses, toilet paper roll extender and screwdriver...all he was missing was the plumbers crack!