Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hangman's Haunted House

Saturday night we went to Hangman's for David's birthday. Scott and I hadn't been to a haunted house in years, like I think the last time was when we lived in our apartment before we were even married. it's one of those things we talk about doing every year and then just run out of time before October is over. This night worked out perfect because Wes and Tammy had invited the boys to spend the night so we were kid free and able to go out. seems like so many weekends we end up splitting up and one of us stays home with the boys and the other one goes to whatever event is going on that weekend. it's just too hard to ask our parents to watch the boys all the time. We met up with everyone for dinner at Casarita's in North FW (it was SO good). That was the first time we had been there. Their coconut margarita's were amazing! Then we headed out to the haunted house. There were about 20 of us so it was a big group and a lot of fun. Hangman's had four different attractions so that made the wait for the big haunted house not so bad. They even had their workers learn the dance to Thriller and perform once an hour or so - pretty cool. After the haunted house we went to Ozzie Rabbit for a few drinks and then everyone had this idea to go see some new movie called Paranormal Activity. I am not a big fan of scary movies. I could easily count on one hand the scary movies I have watched in the past 10 years. I think I just have to active of an imagination to watch that crap - it makes me scared for days. For whatever reason I agreed to go to see it with them, but when we got to the midnight showing it was sold out. Thank goodness! I was scared just talking about it! All in all it was a great night out with good friends!