Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jason/Halloween

All last week Nolan was debating about what he wanted to be for Halloween. We went from shop to shop looking at costumes, talking about ideas and trying things on. We couldn't seem to agree on anything. I (of course) want him to be something sweet and he wanted to be something scary. All of the Halloween stores had the Jason Hockey mask crap and he got it in his head that he wanted to be Jason. Nolan has never seen the Halloween movies (heck I haven't even seen them - maybe part of one) so he has no idea who he is. He just knew it was scary and that was enough for him. I finally had to break down and tell him in the nicest way possible why he was so scary. That put an end to the Jason talk and we agreed on a pirate costume. A few days later I wanted Hudson to try on the cute little clown costume to make sure that it fit. I was telling him how cute he will be, when out of his mouth came "I be Jason for Halloween!". Then he threw a fit and wouldn't try on the clown costume. He just kept yelling "I no like it, I not be a clown - I BE JASON!" As if he has any concept of who that even is. He has continued to say it all week and even told MiMi and Grandma when they asked him about his costume. Nice. I have a feeling that there is going to be an issue on Halloween night when there is no hockey mask. Ha Ha!