Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009

Today was a great mom day for me. I volunteered at Nolan's school and took the boys the to pumpkin patch. Volunteering was a lot of fun and turned out even better than I expected. I met Nolan for lunch, read a story to his class, played a "site words" game with the all the kids and helped them with a new take home reader. I was able to really meet all of his little friends and spend time with his teacher. The best part of the day was when I picked Nolan up after school. He came running down the hill to me and hugged me so tight and said "Thank you for coming to my school today Mommy - it was the best day!" It just melted my heart!

After school we went to pick Hudson up from MiMi's and then I took the boys to the pumpkin patch to get some pictures for their Halloween cards that we send out to our family. It was another funny session with my boys. Nolan's smile has turned from the crooked "Chandler" smile to more like a "look of terror" smile. Hudson wouldn't smile at all or say cheese but I was able to get him to yell "money" a few times. Nice I know - I'm one of those moms...chasing after my kids and begging them to say ridiculous things to get something like a smile. God knows what the other parents were thinking when I was asking a two year old to say "money" instead of cheese. I have no idea why he will say money but will not say cheese. Ha ha! Oh well, it was still fun. Nolan was all about finding the ugliest and biggest pumpkins while Hud just wanted to keep picking up the baby pumpkins and tell me about how heavy they were while carrying them to a new pile. He was so cute, he would let out a big sigh after he set one down and then put his hands on his hips to look at it in the new place. Precious. It was a sweet fall school day for this momma!