Thursday, March 1, 2012

NU-ME

I have weird hair. It’s not straight but it’s not curly – it’s just thick and course and frizzy. Ugh. I had a keratin treatment done in the fall which I loved. It really did make a big difference on my hair but now it’s growing out and wearing off. I wanted to do something new with it but I just couldn’t decide what. I got it cut and colored a few weeks ago and it came out a lot redder than I had actually wanted. I was hoping for more of a copper color but luckily red fades pretty quick and it’s already looking a lot better to me. So last weekend I went shopping with my mom and we ended up at the NE mall. We stopped at a kiosk that sold flat irons and curling wands because I have been wanting to get a new curling iron that would make the big barrel curls that everyone else seems to easily whip up. My hair used to hold curl for days when I was younger but I guess because I have straightened it for so long now it just won’t hold anymore. The lady at the kiosk must have seen dollar signs when she started talking to me because 20 minutes later we left the mall with a ridiculously expensive NU-ME flat iron and a curling wand! It was rough getting down how to use it but now I am a pro. I took it to work and ended up doing hair for the whole office! It was too funny. Like a little styling salon at my desk. I think everyone’s hair turned out super cute. Attached below are some of the girl's hair.  My mom has been straightening her hair since we got them and it looks sooooo good. I didn’t take a picture of her with my phone so I will have to snap one and add it to the post later! Anywho – just thought I would share our funny pictures from the HH salon. Love my office girls; lots of giggles over this!











Side note - Hudson doesn’t like it at all. He told me that I look ugly and started crying when I curled it last weekend. Poor baby. I think it was just a little too drastic for him