Friday, March 23, 2012

Creative Hands and other fun stuff...

We spent Thursday morning of spring break at Creative Hands with the crew. The boys love going there and I do too. Since it was my birthday I asked each of them if they would paint a heart for me. Nolan’s is the leopard one and Hud’s is the pink/red/purple one. I think they turned out super cute!

Hudson looked at all of the different things to paint for forever and just couldn’t decide. At first he wanted one that was a unicorn with a rainbow behind it! I tried to talk him out of that one but for a while he was stuck on it. (Last week we got one of those “learn to draw” books and it has a unicorn in it and he had never seen one before – how sad is that?!? Lisa Frank Anyone??? Not in this all boy house!) Then he changed his mind to a knife/sword thingy, then finally decided to do a butterfly for Nana. (We had just seen two butterflies on her porch that morning) It was so funny because he said I am going to do it for Nana so I guess I have to paint it girly. (As if a rainbow with a unicorn or a butterfly weren’t already girly!!) Love him!


Nolan painted these moon and stars for Dad because he said they look like The Smashing Pumpkins video Tonight, Tonight. It was very sweet.









After painting we went to see Granny and PaPa. We went to lunch at Grandline and had the biggest hamburgers ever! The food was yummy. We spent the afternoon at Dave and Busters (thanks Aunt B!). They love that place and after a few hours of non-stop gaming action we were pooped! So pooped that we didn’t even eat out for dinner that night for my b-day. We just headed home and heated up left overs. It was a great day with my sweet boys!