Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12 in 12 - March

We ate this for breakfast: I had a burrito from Gourmet Burrito and the boys had breakfast with MiMi.

This is on our agenda: The boys went to MiMi’s since I had to work. They went to the park with Brennan and Bret. MiMi said that they played up there for about four hours and ended the afternoon with a blue Popsicle!

This made us laugh: The boys being silly and putting on a “show” for me and Nana. (Nolan was using a flashlight as his microphone and Hudson ripped his shirt off to be the background dancer – hilarious.)

Last thing we purchased was: SD card reader for my new computer and “Astronaut” food from the check out at Fry’s. (Why does Fry’s always have the most random stuff?!?)





This is our favorite song: Nolan’s favorite is “Wonderful” by Everclear (he is really into 90’s alternative rock right now),“Seven Nation Army” by The White Stripes and “Hurt” the Johnny Cash version. Hudson’s favorite is the musical score to StarWars and “Party Rock Anthem” by LMAO (ugh – so sick of this band already) and anything by Foster the People. My current faves are “We are Young” by Fun and “Talk that Talk” by Rihanna. Pretty well rounded group, huh?

We watched this on TV: The Voice (we all are loving it this season) and then once the boys were in bed Mom and I watched Smash.

This is what we are reading: The “I survived” series of books and The Gun Encyclopedia (yep – ridiculous but they love it).

We are looking forward to: The rest of spring break! I am taking off W-F and we have a whole line up of fun stuff planned!

We ran these errands: We had to go to Petsmart to get Roxy dog food and a new pair of nail clippers.

We ate this for dinner: I made blueberry pancakes and bacon per Hudson’s request – they both ate a mound of pancakes!

Today we celebrated: Spring Break by staying up a little late, playing "Sorry" and drinking soda straight out of cold glass bottles. I bought them last week and we saved them for a spring break treat. (Nolan picked Root Beer, Hudson picked Lime Rickey but ended up drinking my Cherry Cola!)



We are grateful for: I asked the boys and Nolan’s answer was “x-box” (ugh) and Hudson’s was “Roxy, Nipper and my kitty that ran away.” : (