Saturday, April 17, 2010

Superhero Day and Garage Sale for the Mays'

This week has been super busy with cleaning, organizing and preparing for a garage sale! We have been trying to pull it all together for weeks and this weekend was finally the time to just get it done. Scott and I took off work on Friday to man the sale. I am so glad that we did because Saturday it started raining about 10am and rained us out! The reason for the big sale was to clear out the boys' rooms so that we could turn Hud's nursery into a playroom and move him into a "big boy" bed in Nolan's room. This took a lot of serious moving to clear out both rooms, closets and drawers. I just want the boys to share a room while they are little. I have so many good memories of sharing a room with Becca when we were little. I want them to know what that's like too! We sold Hudson's nursery furniture on Craiglist before the sale even started. We purchased new beds for the boys a few weeks ago but still haven't even assembled them. Now that their bedrooms are cleaned out and the sale is finished we will probably get their new beds set up tomorrow. It will be so sad not to have a baby in a crib anymore. We went from one baby to the next for the past 6 years - what a milestone to have passed! During the middle of all the craziness a note came home from school about Superhero day. I read the note but truly thought it was NEXT Friday. Wouldn't you know it at about 8:30 on Thursday night I realized that it was THIS FRIDAY. Ugh! I scrambled to figure out what to do since we have no superhero crap at our house yet. Christi stopped by to drop off a few things she wanted to sell and she said she would look when she got home to see if Brent still had anything. Luckily she called and found a Batman cape. So at like 11 o'clock or something crazy like that I headed out to Mansfield to get the cape and stop by Wal-Mart to see if they had anything for him to wear with the cape. I was not able to find anything that resembled a costume when it's springtime and not even close to Halloween. I was able to find a t-shirt with Lego people on it who happened to be Batman and Robin for the low low price of $10.88! Turns out there is a new video game with this and so they happen to have a few very classy items for sale in the boys department. Score! Nolan loves Lego's so when he woke up on Friday morning to a cape and the new shirt he was thrilled. He was so proud when we got the whole outfit on - instantly a powerful superhero! It was so cute watching Scott walk him to school with his little cape blowing in the wind.