Since it was so nice out we decided to take the boys to Joe T’s for dinner on Friday. Mike & Nicole and David & Christi and all the kiddos went with us. Sometimes it can get hairy with everyone and all the kids but Friday was great. I am really excited to be out of the “baby stage” at our house. It’s like I am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Both the boys are able to socialize on their own, feed themselves once I get their plates set up and just behave in general most of the time. Two years old was pretty rough for us with Hudson and I feel like we are past a little of it. Nolan was good at two years old and really hard at three years for us. I am hoping that it is the opposite with Hud! I think he has just finally tested enough of his boundaries to be calm for a while. We took the kids on a fountain tour after dinner and it was sweet to watch them all make their wishes and throw their pennies into the fountain. Of course, Hudson wanted to dunk into the water and get them back out and Addyson didn’t throw hers in at all. She saved them in her pocket and put them in her piggy bank when she got home. Ha ha!
Saturday morning I had the Komen 5K and then at 4 I had linner (yes that would be lunch and dinner) plans for Amy and Kelli’s birthday and then late girls night plans with Becca cause Conner was out of town. That was three events that had nothing to do with kids or hubbys which is really, really odd for me! I can’t think of the last time I had a day like that on the agenda! Scott decided to take the boys the zoo since he knew I would be gone most of the day. He invited MiMi to join them and they had a great time! I got up super early and went to downtown Ft. Worth to meet up with my “work girls” for the 5K which we followed up with brunch on the patio at Esperanza’s – so YUMMY! Then I went home and cleaned my house from top to bottom. (Which was actually really nice to be home alone – that NEVER happens!) I then was able to have a second to just enjoy a quiet, clean house! I got ready and picked up Kimmie and we headed out to Primo’s in Dallas. I had not been there before but I had heard lots of good stuff about it on the radio. We met up with all my “high school girls” and had a great time. Just relaxed on the patio and a had a few margaritas, talked and laughed. It’s always good to be with my girls and catch up on things – funny how now we talk about husbands, jobs, church and kids. I love this stage in our friendship! We left there about 7 and I took Kimmie home and went to Becca’s. Krista, Nicole and Christi went with us to El Arroyo for drinks and late dinner. Again we sat out on the patio and again I ate MORE Mexican food and drank a few MORE margaritas. Like I said it was a patio weekend for sure!