Monday, February 6, 2012
Smarty Pants
Just a little post to brag about Nolan. We received his test scores back from school and he is brilliant! : ) He is reading on a fourth grade level. (I think it was a 4th grader in their 6 month of school – but I don’t have it with me to confirm the exact month.) A full 2 years ahead - crazy! Also, he scored higher than 90% of other students his age nationally on the tests. We always knew that Nolan was a smart toddler but I guess as he gets older it just seems so normal. I don’t really think of him being advanced anymore. I mean, I know he doesn’t struggle but I wasn’t thinking much about it. He brought home Bram Stoker’s Dracula as one of his library books last month – which was really funny and random. We read it together and it was actually pretty scary. I’m not sure if other 2nd graders are picking out books like that! He also asked if we could start reading the Harry Potter books and I tried to put him off a little longer because those are huge! I don’t want to get into something that is too ahead and for him to feel discouraged. Anyways, just thought it was note worthy!