
I have been thinking about my resolutions for 2010. I love my life. It's full of fun, love and joy; but with that also comes stress and the constant need for more time and money to have all that fun! I started thinking about what really makes life fun. It's not all the places we go, the things we buy or the food we eat. It's spending time with our friends and family and enjoying their company. I knew I wanted my resolution to be focused on change. I want to be spiritually stronger, I want to be healthier and I want to be more financially settled and secure. I want these things for my family, I want them for myself. I read a blog about making your resolution one word. A simple word that you can repeat and think of each time you need encouragement or a reminder of your goal. What a good idea...seriously, the BEST idea ever! I love the idea of having a "mantra" of sorts, something to keep me grounded in what I want, not what others want of me. It is hard as a mother, wife and friend to remember what I want all the time. I sorta get lost in the details of others' "wants". I think that my word will be CHANGE. I want to change myself - inside and out! I want to change my reactions, change my perceptions and change my focus. I plan to talk to Scott and Nolan about this tonight at the dinner table and encourage them to also think of their word for 2010. A new focus for our family - a change.