Thursday, January 21, 2010
The BIGGEST mess EVER!
Hudson Cole is a messer! This is a term we use around our house often to describe someone who gets into things or makes a mess. Last Sunday was a busy day for us, we ran around all day and Hud didn't get a nap. After bathtime, both boys went straight to bed without a fight. They were exhausted! I usually go in and out of their rooms multiple times after they are asleep. Ya know like to put up laundry, toys or shoes. I guess I never walked back into their rooms that night. Scott and I were snuggled on the couch watching TV at about 10:10 (two hours after we put them to bed!) and Scott asked if I heard a weird sound. I paused the TV and we could hear running water. We jumped up and ran into our bathroom to find Hudson standing on top of the counter soaking wet with make-up ALL over his face. I immediately shrieked and grabbed him off the counter. He instantly started saying "I SO sorry Mommy! I SO cold and tired. I SO sorry Mommy!" The whole bathroom was covered in a layer of water and Clinique facial cleanser - the whole big bottle that was full was empty! He had dumped half of the jewelry out of my jewelry box into the sink of running water. My wedding ring was laying right on top of the pile! My jewelry box which looked okay at first glace was actually FULL of water and soap. He had opened up my new make-up case from Ulta (one of those cases with all of the prefilled make-up) and had dug his little fingers into all of the blushes, glosses, eye shadows and foundations and smeared it all over the place - the mirror, the floor, the cabinets, the walls and the rugs. There was make-up all in the white grout on the floor. He then proceeded to pull out a couple of the containers and dump them into the toilet along with my hairspray, floss, hairbrush and toothpaste. Oh and before we threw the toothpaste into the toilet, he had opened it and squirted it onto the big mirror and make-up case and finger painted with it. He had taken a lip liner and drew all over the tile floor and all over his face. It was the most out of control situation I had ever encountered as a parent. Scott and I just looked at each other and started to laugh. It was SO bad and just SO unbelievable it was funny for a split second. We tag teamed the mess and Scott took Hud to the other bathroom to give him a bath and I went get the camera (which I only got a few pics and they do not really show how trashed the bathroom was!) and a trash bag to start throwing out everything that was now destroyed. By the time I got back to Hudson - he was happy as a clam in the other bathroom. I wish I had got a picture of his face before Scott had washed him. Scott put him to bed and he was sound asleep in like 30 seconds. The kid was down right delirious. I don't know how he did that for TWO HOURS without us hearing him. It took us about two hours to clean everything up. I had to wash and dry all of my jewelry since it was covered in soap. In the end, we were just grateful that he didn't slip off the counter and get really hurt or get something in his eyes or eat something that could have been poisonous. It's scary when you realize that they are getting that big and that smart. I have a feeling that Hud is going to give us a little payback for our own childhood stunts!



