Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mamie's 99th Birthday!

We had a bust weekend even with a sick kiddo and the messes mentioned the previous post. It rained all weekend, which is really weird for the DFW area. I am sure that we needed the rain; I just don't think anyone really wants it on our days off! Friday night Scott's softball game was rained out so we ended up going to eat with Mike, Nicole and Addyson. Mike's b-day is Monday so he picked China King Super Buffet. This is probably my LEAST favorite place to eat (right up there with Panchos). But I guess once a year is okay. :) The kids where actually better than I expected but there is a lot of logistical work involved with buffets and small children! Lots of running back and forth with food for someone, but at least everyone ate good. Saturday morning Nolan's 1st t-ball game was rained out too. Bummer! He was super excited and we hated that it was cancelled. We ended up going to eat breakfast at Chick-Fil-A and then getting haircuts for the boys. I met up with Becca about noon to checkout Zest Fest. It was kinda like a bridal show but for spices, marinades, hot sauces and seasonings. We had a really good time and got a little carried away with all the crap we purchased. A couple of beers and $100 later we left with bags of goodies! At least it's kinda like groceries and we will have lots of new stuff to try for a while. Then it was on to Wes and Tammy's house for Mamie's 99th b-day party. Hunter and the boys had a great time playing together. He is always so sweet with them and lets them play with all of his trucks and toys. Mamie is doing as well as can be expected for 99! I am glad that the boys will have good memories of her because I have greatmemories of my great-great grandmother - Granny Hale. I think that is pretty special to have even known a great-great grandparent! When we got home with the boys it was about 9 o'clock. I was tired but I tucked in the boys and ran over to the Petty's to celebrate Tannie's b-day for a little while. It was fun to just kick back and have a few beers with everyone. Scott of course stayed home with the boys so I didn't stay out too late. Sunday Hudson woke up with a fever but I thought maybe it was just a fluke thing but it continued off and on all day. Poor guy, he has been so congested. My mom called in a panic because she had a sudden leak from her roof. We went over there so that Scott could put a tarp on it and then he wanted to jut sit on the couch and watch the first Cowboys football game. I went to Kelli's baby shower in the afternoon and then we missed out on Audrey's b-day since Hud was still yucky when he woke up from nap. I cooked a big dinner and we ended the hectic weekend with a leaky hot water heater. I am tired just typing about all of it! Hopefully this weekend won't be quite as busy! Attached below are a few pics from Mamie's birthday party.