The boys each ended up wearing two different costumes this year – one set for school and one set for trick or treating. Nolan couldn’t be anything “scary” at school so he dressed up as Kurt Cobain. The plan was to be “zombie” Kurt Cobain at night but after school he changed his mind. He said that no one knew who he was and he had to keep telling everyone. I tried to explain that most 8 year olds probably don’t know about Nirvana much less Kurt Cobain but he just couldn’t understand it. Anyways, since his bubble was burst he decided he just wanted to be a regular zombie – thank goodness we had an old plain white tee! He was upset that we didn’t have any of those fake wounds or sores with bones sticking out and that I had only purchased a little zombie make-up kit. I just thought the goal was a dead Kurt so I was completely un-prepared! The costume was totally going to make it or break it based on my make-up artistry and since I had never painted anyone to look like a zombie I was pretty panicked! Luckily my skills passed the test and I had a very happy, scary zombie when we were all finished!
Wood has a tradition for all of the Kindergarten class to dress up like scarecrows for Halloween. It goes along with their fall studies about the harvest and pumpkins. Luckily, I saved Nolan’s scarecrow stuff so that was a simple as pulling it out of the dress up tub! But since no five year old really wants to be scarecrow, Hudson also had to have two costumes! At Party City all Hudson looked at and talked about were costumes with muscles. He didn’t care what he was as long as it had those silly puffy muscles! Everything there was sold out in his size but we found this GI Joe costume at Wal-Mart and he was thrilled! It had a fake goatee to wear with it so I just slipped him into the suit and stuck it on. (It turned out hilarious!!) Hudson wanted to add his old sniper glasses and he was all set!
Love these sweet boys with all my heart! I am one lucky Momma!