Tuesday, November 13, 2012

12 on 12 for November!

We ate this for breakfast: We all had kolaches from Czech Stop. I brought them home for the boys from my road trip to Corpus.

This is on our agenda: The boys both had school and it was a normal work day for me. Tonight for the first time since August we do not have football practice – YAY!!! It was a huge effort this year to get Nolan to practice three nights a week and a game each Saturday. We were all so over it by the last month. Glad to have our nights back!

This made us laugh: Nolan telling me all his funny stories from spending the weekend with Aunt B and Nana. Watching the boys play with Reese and Ross – the four of them have so much fun together and it’s precious to watch!

Last thing we purchased was: A little river otter from a cute little shop in Corpus Christi for Hudson. River Otters are our favorite animal at the zoo so when I saw it I thought of Hud and had to get it for him!

This is our favorite song: Nolan’s favorite is “Freedom at 21” by Jack White. Hudson doesn’t really have a new one right now – still asks for a lot of Foster the People and Drake songs. I have been listening to a lot of Frank Ocean and this past weekend I downloaded a ton of old school hip hop (think Warren G, Bone, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Candyman, Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer – oh yes – it was ON! Lots of fun!

We watched this on TV: We watched The Voice for a while.

This is what we are reading: I am reading It Starts With Food – it’s a very interesting book about nutrition and how we “should” be eating.  We read a Martha Speaks book before bed and Nolan read a Marvel Comic book.

We are looking forward to: Thanksgiving Break – duh! Can’t wait for the long weekend to spend time with our families, eat, shop and decorate!

We ran these errands: We had to drive out to the edge of Mansfield and scope out a spot for holiday pictures. I will probably take the boys pictures next weekend and I heard about this area and I wanted to see if I could find it and we did!

We ate this for dinner: We ordered pizza and spent the evening over at Roy’s house since we didn’t have practice. Fun night!

Today we celebrated: This is going to sound CRAZY coming out of my mouth but it’s the only thing that seemed to be on the boys’ mind…the release of Black Ops 2. Some stupid video game that they are SUPER pumped about. It had a midnight release and after we left Roy’s house they were going to GameStop to wait and get it. Even my boys were wound up about it! Too funny!

We are grateful for: I asked the boys and Nolan’s answer was “Halo and Black Ops” and Hudson’s was “Roxy” – so sweet!