Friday, August 31, 2012

First Day of School

Can not believe how fast this summer went for our family! I was expecting to be super emotional about Hudson starting Kindergarten on Monday but it really went very smoothly and was uneventful except for the rain!  Hudson was such a big boy. He just marched right into his room and put up his stuff and started coloring.   He acted like he had done it a million times before!   I guess that's the difference with the second child.   He is already so familiar with the school, the staff and how everything works.   It was different for me because there aren't all the unknowns like I had the last time around.  I'm not one of  "those moms" anymore - new and confused and stressed - like I was on Nolan's first day three years ago. What's even funnier is I don't even notice the new moms.  I remember feeling like I stuck out like a sore thumb when Nolan started.  Like everyone knew I was a newbie and that I didn't have a freaking clue how to have a kid in elementary school!  Now I realize that no one cares or even thinks twice about it!  I am so glad that the boys love their school and that I can feel so secure about such big steps in their lives.  Nolan barely let me take picture this year and couldn't have cared less about us even being there to walk him to his room. :(  He really is such a big kid and it's so sad to me. I think I was more sad about Nolan being so "adult" than I was about Hudson starting school!